The Yuletide Season is in our midst. I’m certain that we are all excited for the most wonderful time of the year, as we won’t only get to break free from our busy schedules but we also get to share love and blessings to people we value by spending time with them or by getting them tangible gifts. Books make for the best gifts, of course, but let’s admit that as book lovers, we all want our stuff to be book-related. On that account, I have come up with a list of bookish holiday gift ideas so whether you’re looking for the perfect gift for a friend, the members of your book club, or for your own wish list, I’ve got you covered in this post. I encourage you guys to start Christmas shopping as early as today and do it online to avoid the hurly-burly of shopping in malls.
1. Bookish Necklaces. These beautiful vintage necklaces that would greatly complement minimal dresses are available at The Clutter Shop for Php150.00 to Php220.00. In this store, you can also scout other affordable quirky “clutters” for your kitchen and office.
2. Bookish Candles. The House of Wicks offers a variety of designs and scents that are just perfect to set everyone’s reading mood. The candles come in 16oz jars, 4oz jars/cans, and mini tin cans, and the price ranges from Php250.00 to Php350.00 per candle. Buy six (6) 4oz candles from them and you can get a set of four (4) mini tin candles for FREE! What a catch!
3. Harry Potter Shirts. At Cozy World PH you can find almost every fandom in a shirt. Get these Harry Potter shirts for an affordable price of only Php280.00 each. The best thing about Cozy World PH, though, is that they established Project Book Elf with the aim to raise awareness in children of the importance of early reading. For every t-shirt you purchase from them, they donate one story book to a child in need.
4. Book Sleeves. Book Shields offers lovely book sleeves in which you can perfectly slid your books in so that you may carry them everywhere without worrying about bends and creases. Their book sleeves are available in two sizes which you may also buy in sets, and the price ranges from Php200.00 to Php250.00
5. 2018 Planners. I’ve featured Ms. Alarise Reyes in some unboxing posts before, and here I am again writing about her for her ingenious idea of creating planners that are perfect for bookworms to track their readings. She sells them for Php375.00 each. Blank planners and journals are also available at cheaper prices.
6. Metal Bookmarks. I have one of these bookmarks from The Literary Shop and I think the vintage aspect of it sets it apart from others. It’s also made of metal so it will certainly stand the test of time. Each bookmark is priced Php150.00.
7. Book Stands and Bookends. The wooden, rustic-looking book stand is available at Papemelroti for Php369.00. The Reader Bookend (Php550.00) and So Many Books Bookend (Php895.00), which I think are really hip, are available at QuirksPH.
8. Hogwarts House Flags. I believe bookworms have more pride in their Hogwarts houses than in any group they belong to so get your friends house flags from The Perfect White Shirt for only Php200.00.
9. The One Ring. I’m really not a big fan of jewelries but I would wear this ring anytime, anywhere as if it’s a wedding ring. It’s available in two colors at AbubotPH for Php420.00.
10. More planners. Because who wouldn’t want his/her life to be organized? I’ve just discovered this Baguio-based shop that sells these amazing Harry Potter and Game of Thrones planners for Php450.00. You can check out Book Safe PH in Instagram for the spreads.
There you go. There’s a good chance that some of these stores and products might not be new to you anymore if you’re from the Philippines and active in the bookstagram community. I encourage my fellow Filipino book lovers to please support our local merchants so as to aid in the improvement of our local economy.